Hello from a past Winnipeg Bride
Blog posts “Hello from Winnipeg bride” features a quick questionnaire from one of my past brides. These posts will feature some wedding info, tips and experience and hopefully help future bride’s to be during their wedding planning stages. Today I’m happy to feature Sheena.
Don’t forget to stop by their blog post and see some wedding images from their wedding at Cielos Garden.
1. How long did you have to plan your wedding? We had eight months to plan our day, from December to August.
2. What was the most important part of your wedding? Our ceremony was the most important part to us.
3. What helped you plan your wedding the most? We had our own ideas of what we wanted our day to look like, and our vendors gave ideas of how to achieve our dream wedding.
4. The first thing you booked? Our venue was booked first, then the caterer was second, and then photographer and baker.
5. How many bridesmaids and groomsmen? We had four bridesmaids and four groomsmen.
6. Number of guests at your wedding? Approximately 90
7. What would you describe your wedding style as and how did you feel you achieved it? We had a very relaxed and casual style for our day. Both of us wanted the feel of a backyard party with our closest friends and family. We had a very small and intimate day in the woods which included me walking down the aisle barefoot, a BBQ with our favourite foods, and a fun photo shoot with our wedding party on hay bales and an intimate shoot with just us in a field at sunset.
8. Would you have done anything differently looking back on your wedding planning experience? No, we planned this day ourselves and selected vendors that matched our style. We were extremely happy with how our day turned out.
9. Any additional advice for soon to be brides? Plan the day that you want. There will be lots of opinions and thoughts thrown your way but go with your gut.