Hawthorn Estates Wedding//Crystal and Rick
Hawthorn Estates Wedding
Posted in Winnipeg photographer
As a wedding photographer, I love to document the stories of couples who choose to celebrate their love in unique and meaningful ways. That’s why I was thrilled when I got the opportunity to shoot a rustic barn wedding at Hawthorn Estates, one of the most beautiful venues in Manitoba.
Hawthorn Estates is a stunning property located in Garson, just 25 minutes north of Winnipeg. It features a gorgeous barn that can host up to 150 guests, with elegant chandeliers, wooden beams, and a cozy fireplace. The barn also has a spacious loft that can serve as a bridal suite, a groom’s lounge, or a photo booth area.
The outdoor area of Hawthorn Estates is equally impressive, with a large lawn, a pond, a gazebo, and a fire pit. There are so many options for outdoor ceremonies, cocktail hours, and of course plenty photo locations. The scenery is breathtaking, especially during sunset, when the sky turns into a painting of pink and purple hues.
I had a blast working with Crystal and Rick, who were so relaxed and happy on their big day. They trusted us to capture their vision and their emotions, and we did our best to deliver. We used a variety of techniques and equipment to create stunning images that reflect their personality and style.
Some of the highlights of our wedding photography at Hawthorn Estates were:
- Taking advantage of the architectural features of the barn, such as the windows, the doors, and the rafters, to create interesting compositions and perspectives.
- Using off camera flash to create dramatic lighting effects and contrast in the dark interior of the barn. – Getting high and low angles to capture the scale and the mood of the venue and the guests.
- Posing the couple for dynamic and romantic portraits, by giving them clear directions and making them feel comfortable and confident.
- Capturing the candid moments of joy, laughter, and tears, by being attentive and discreet.
I am so grateful to the couple for choosing me as their wedding photographer, and to Hawthorn Estates for providing us with such a wonderful venue. I hope you enjoy our photos as much as I enjoyed taking them.
If you are looking for a rustic barn venue for your wedding or event, we highly recommend Hawthorn Estates. You can visit their website or contact them for more information. Trust me, you won’t regret it.
Crystal and Rick, I wish you both a lifetimes of happiness, lots of love and many sunny days ahead.
Thank you to Hawthorn Estates and all of the other vendors that helped make this wedding day so amazing!
- Bridal gown: Stellas https://www.stellasbridal.com/
- Rings: Ben Moss: https://www.benmoss.com/
- Jewellery: People’s https://www.peoplesjewellers.com/
- Bridesmaid’s Dresses: Hush https://hushcollection.ca/
- Groom’s tuxedo: Moore’s https://www.mooresclothing.ca/
- Wedding cake: Cupcakes by Cheryl
- Marriage Officiant: Sheri – Joining Hearts https://www.joininghearts.ca/
- Transportation: Lagace Tours, Oakbank https://www.facebook.com/Lagacetours/
- Décor, Linens & Uplighting; Decorations By Rick http://decorationsbyrick.com/
- Music: Twilight Production
- Catering: Green Gables https://www.facebook.com/GreenGablesCatering/
© Derek Bogdan Photography // Please feel free to tag, share or use my photos for social media. Thank you for not cropping or editing the image in any way. Don’t forget to like my FB page to see more!